Consumer Products (CP) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) and its affiliates that delivers innovative and engaging products across thousands of categories from toys, stationery, home and apparel to books and fine arts. Disney is the largest retail character licensor in the world with US$52 billion in character merchandising retail sales globally in 2015. The Consumer Products business plays a critical role in providing Indian consumers a chance to bring a piece of the Disney magic home through a wide range of creative and locally appealing merchandise all year-round
- Toys: Disney toys gives fans an opportunity to be with their favourite Disney friends through an exciting range of play products including dolls, plush, arts & crafts, puzzles & board games, action figure, role-play range, remote control cars and much more.
- Fashion: The product category spans across a multitude of sub categories like apparel, footwear, sleepwear and accessories. Through collaborations with leading brands, designers, licensees and retailers, Disney delivers a stunning fashion portfolio that weaves Disney's magic into everyday lives. Disney India tied-up with iconic Indian fashion brand Satya Paul to launch a stylish retro-modern collection titled ‘Disney Mono Pop by Satya Paul’. The range comprised of sarees, tunics, scarves, stoles, ties and accessories. Recently, Disney India collaborated with Hidesign to offer a limited edition range of handcrafted leather bags and wallets inspired by Beauty and the Beast.
- Home: Disney home products span across total home solutions including furniture, bedding, rugs, tableware, kitchenware, fans, paints and bath accessories. Through licensing to real estate players, fans can choose from their favourite Disney or Marvel stories or characters and own family spaces that are colourful, timeless and inspiring.
- Back to School: This category includes all the products that kids and tweens need for their day to day school. The range comprises of Bags, lunch boxes, water bottles, sippers, notebooks (ITC – Classmate), pens, pencil boxes, geometrical instruments, coloring range and much more.
- Food, Health & Beauty: Disney Food, Health & Beauty takes an active role in the development and marketing of a diverse array of quality, innovative products that touch consumers' lives every day. The range includes snacks, cosmetics, bath products, confectionery, beverages, dental hygiene and much more. Disney India collaborated with Biotique to bring beloved characters into the Baby & Kids range -- Nourishing Soap & Lotions, Powder, Shampoo, Massage Oil & Body Wash.
- Disney Publishing Worldwide (DPW): Disney is the world's largest publisher of children's books, magazines, and digital products and has over 500 titles published through local licensees in India. Disney sold over 1 million books in India last year.
The Consumer Products business is aligned around four brands: Disney Classics & Entertainment, Disney.Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel and LucasFilm and offers product range that cuts across ages - from infants to toddlers to tweens and teens to youth to adults. Today, Disney products are available across a million retail touch points with over 2000 Modern Trade outlets in India.
Consumer Products business in India continues to focus on broadening its distribution by expanding product reach beyond metros through existing licensees and retail relationships. Working with over 150 licensees across categories, Disney-branded products are available across all the key retail outlets and online portals with branded pages on Amazon and Flipkart and with strategic presence in portals like Myntra, Jabong, Snapdeal and more.